The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or http://sheeptag.forumphpbb.com/
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Nightmare Temporarly Deleted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shoop

avatar

Posts : 753
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:25 pm

Due to a big number of deleted post of Nightmare I demoted him temporarly so that we can get an explanation. So far this is just a precaution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm

kinda relevant but slightly offtopic: can't we install a trashcan? i hope i dont have to explain why we need one, especially after a thread like this.

it can be as simple as a thread entitled ''DELETED POSTS'', where we just move everything instead of permanently deleting it. a worse way of doing things would be having every moderator required to screenshot whatever post he deletes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaiteN92



Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:42 pm

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NIGHTMARE IS DOWN !!! COME KIDS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jean-Mii



Posts : 146
Join date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:37 pm

hitler is back.
unless you say "nights rank1" your post is deleted on this sticky thread, gg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Night



Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:42 pm

Shoop you dont even read description of the topic...

I said that topic will be STRICTLY moderated and off topic posts will be removed to keep the quality up. Read the description next time pls. Ty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:24 pm

night the problem is that noone knows what kind of posts you have deleted, but it appears like you've deleted half the post in the thread, including a post from trollpro saying that night doesn't belong in the 10 options, and a post from shoop that replied to a post from trollpro which wasn't deleted.

i got no idea what else, but seems like jeanmii got deleted as well.



so yee im not saying night abused, my problem is that we dont have a trashcan. any post can be deleted and justified as ''it was off topic'', and it will be word against word, moderator vs complainer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Night



Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 pm

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:
night the problem is that noone knows what kind of posts you have deleted, but it appears like you've deleted half the post in the thread, including a post from trollpro saying that night doesn't belong in the 10 options, and a post from shoop that replied to a post from trollpro which wasn't deleted.

i got no idea what else, but seems like jeanmii got deleted as well.



so yee im not saying night abused, my problem is that we dont have a trashcan. any post can be deleted and justified as ''it was off topic'', and it will be word against word, moderator vs complainer.

yeah i agree, need a trashcan where i can send all the posts. I mostly deleted one liner posts with no quality to the topic whatsoever since i WARNED everyone in the description about strict moderating. There have been a lot of posts deleted ofcourse because people can't keep up the quality up where its needed.

To sum up-> create a trashcan where posts can be sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

avatar

Posts : 753
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:13 am

Trollpro wrote that Chaise used to be ranked above me and amir and I replied that wasnt the case. On what criteria was that deleted? Also, why is the thread a sticky?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaiteN92



Posts : 44
Join date : 2012-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:23 am

Why does night even has admin right whenever he's not that active on the forum look at the message posted between him, amir or sh00p. Good choice Shoop.
But yeah create a TRASHCAN FOR NIGHTENS -,-
he's been removing for shits ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Night



Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 am

Shoop wrote:
Trollpro wrote that Chaise used to be ranked above me and amir and I replied that wasnt the case. On what criteria was that deleted? Also, why is the thread a sticky?

it was deleted because it was trash of a quality. As i mentioned in my post, one line posts with no quality will be deleted, your post was " you are mad if you think chaise was placed before me and amir". Its just an insult towards trollpro with no value whatsoever. I would never delete such kind of comments if they were in other topics , but on this one, i repeat myself, i clearly stated that these kind of comments will be removed.

It was a sticky because i thought it was a topic worth of attention. If you think its not worth it, just remove the sticky , for all i care.

Tbh i tried to keep the topic as high quality as possible, even warned about trash comments, but yeah it seems like it didn't work and it won't be done again. CASE CLOSED
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TrollPro

avatar

Posts : 410
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:09 am

Night wrote:
Shoop wrote:
Trollpro wrote that Chaise used to be ranked above me and amir and I replied that wasnt the case. On what criteria was that deleted? Also, why is the thread a sticky?

it was deleted because it was trash of a quality. As i mentioned in my post, one line posts with no quality will be deleted, your post was " you are mad if you think chaise was placed before me and amir". Its just an insult towards trollpro with no value whatsoever. I would never delete such kind of comments if they were in other topics , but on this one, i repeat myself, i clearly stated that these kind of comments will be removed.

It was a sticky because i thought it was a topic worth of attention. If you think its not worth it, just remove the sticky , for all i care.

Tbh i tried to keep the topic as high quality as possible, even warned about trash comments, but yeah it seems like it didn't work and it won't be done again. CASE CLOSED
i must ask you how u define quality, is that when there are no one liner posts or? I mean, why not just let them stay?. I mean they aint going anywhere and if peoples want to post a comment then dont delete them, this 'quality bullshit' should get thrown in trashcan if peoples have no rights to make one liner posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Night



Posts : 139
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:32 am

TrollPro wrote:
Night wrote:
Shoop wrote:
Trollpro wrote that Chaise used to be ranked above me and amir and I replied that wasnt the case. On what criteria was that deleted? Also, why is the thread a sticky?

it was deleted because it was trash of a quality. As i mentioned in my post, one line posts with no quality will be deleted, your post was " you are mad if you think chaise was placed before me and amir". Its just an insult towards trollpro with no value whatsoever. I would never delete such kind of comments if they were in other topics , but on this one, i repeat myself, i clearly stated that these kind of comments will be removed.

It was a sticky because i thought it was a topic worth of attention. If you think its not worth it, just remove the sticky , for all i care.

Tbh i tried to keep the topic as high quality as possible, even warned about trash comments, but yeah it seems like it didn't work and it won't be done again. CASE CLOSED
i must ask you how u define quality, is that when there are no one liner posts or? I mean, why not just let them stay?. I mean they aint going anywhere and if peoples want to post a comment then dont delete them, this 'quality bullshit' should get thrown in trashcan if peoples have no rights to make one liner posts.

Quality post is when you post your opinion and solid explanation to it. For example ' tokan is trashcan at st becuz he sucks Very Happy' is not a quality post while ' tokan is trashcan at st because he can't backbuild, triple backbuild and this is why i didn't vote for him etc' is a good example.



LETS CONCLUDE THIS MESS RIGHT NOW :

1. Forum needs a trashcan so the posts don't get deleted-> problem solved.
2. I removed mass posts for the reason to keep the quality up as high as possible but it seems like people were really unhappy/upset so it won't be happening again. CREATING a high quality topic these days is nearly impossible so i guess strict moderating is off limits.


CASE CLOSED.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:38 am

yeee when i think about it, it makes no sense to punish night for doing something he's supposed to be doing -> cleaning up the mess on the forum.

the entire problem is that we dont have a trashcan. we can't revive deleted posts if it turns out that they shouldn't have been deleted, and we can't properly discuss whether an admin has good/Bad judgement, or whether he abuses or not, without any idea of what he actually deleted.



my solution: put nightmare back on mod/admin or whatever the fuck he was, but suspend everyone's right to delete posts until we have a trashcan. meaning => EVERYTHING stays, and we clean up the spam/''non-quality'' posts when we have a trashcan to put them into.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ewoLmaS



Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:37 am

On a forum with an average of <10 posts per day there is absolutely no reason to delete ANYTHING except pure spam and bullshit that is completely unrelated to the topic. On bigger forums you delete posts with low to zero quality because the good posts gets drowned in a storm of shit. On a small forum like this we don't have that problem so there is no reason to delete anything.

In fact you just destroy the forum by removing posts since you discourage many of the few posters we have. On a big forum it would be good to discourage Baiten to stop posting but on a forum with such a small user base, every person is vital.

Although he fucked up, you should give Night another chance. He had good intentions and unlike the other mods, he is actually working. Put Night back but if he fucks up again, kick him the fuck out.


Btw you should have removed your own opening post if you wanted to remove all low-quality posts since that post was beyond retarded and just as useless as the Trollpro post you removed. Just because it's long and well-formulated it doesn't mean it got any content of value. The idea of asking who the best player is and then limit the choice to a few people is absurd. I don't consider any of those people to be best or even top 3 so there is no motivation for me to vote. If you would've formulated the thread to "Who is the best player of Nightmare's top 10?" then i would've been fine with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:23 am

Nothing should be deleted on these forums unless they may lead to the deletion of said forums. I'd rather look at a few shitty posts than having posts deleted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nightmare Temporarly Deleted   

Back to top Go down
 
Nightmare Temporarly Deleted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» This is my gardening nightmare...
» "I'm dreaming of a white Halloween" Nightmare!
» Deleted, stale.
» Harry is a nightmare!
» Calloselasma rhodostoma, images deleted.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: Community Discussion-
Jump to: