The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or http://sheeptag.forumphpbb.com/
 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:16 am

5) "2-20 problem" - drew is the rightful owner of this piece of jewlery if im not mistaken.

4a) "mastery doesn't work. mastery allows for anything to be added. why not doom-pigs or blink-stomp?" - again, drew. this strawman is usually held by shoop these days.
4b) "why dont you just add a button for wolves that kill all sheep instantly? this works with the mastery argument, huge hard for sheep to win!" - shoop

3) "cmk massingspeed without the invis is 165/min...it will be 195/min if we add invis" - chakra

2) "the invis is boring... i played yesterday 4 wolves used invis in same time and game last 20 min...game boring for WOLF AND SHEEP!" - mappy

1) "the invis is really boring.. its impossible to dodge it when i play in 2 sec delay" - drew (a few days ago) king


YEEeE !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Map

avatar

Posts : 425
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:34 am

CHIEFHERO[SKS] wrote:


2) "the invis is boring... i played yesterday 4 wolves used invis in same time and game last 20 min...game boring for WOLF AND SHEEP!" - mappy

I guess THIS* is a difference to the stuff you wrote down.

*I'm also against invis, it decreases the teamworking and increases the wolf time 100% which makes the game boring for sheep AND wolf.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

avatar

Posts : 753
Join date : 2012-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:38 am

Good that you explain why the arguments are bad too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 am

Must add one to #2.

Eenz wrote:
most games (especially bigger ones, 5n5 etc) look something like this:

game starts --> one/two/three shepherds goes invis --> sheep realizes and therefore safe masses for 20 minutes to win the game
Shoop wrote:
invis is so unbeliveble boring
Exa wrote:
invis = so boring
Exa wrote:
noone with iq over 55 wants invis trust me lol
Drew wrote:
honeslty, i'd rather give shepherds a 2 farm long lazer than invis
Zoo wrote:
because anyone can get invis kills
CMK wrote:
ppl only started using mh because invis


Last edited by Chakra on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:16 pm

chakra what would u think if someone made a case for you being unintelligent, then quoted beeeh, trollpro, traxx and me calling you stupid? would this make their position look better or worse? lol FREAK!!!!!



edit: oh and yeah, invis doesn't decrease teamwork at all. its equivalent of suggesting that every players in a dota team has to be ganging together or else it decreases teamwork. or that every player in american football has to be the quarterback Very Happy

people take different roles and use different tools to acheve a common goal. if i increase our chance of winning by going invis and covering the left side while you and trollpro take the other sides, wots the problem? the choice to not teamwork is a decision someone can make regardless of which items you remove/add to the map. you are REMOVING teamwork by not allowing good players to use invis for the advantage of the team.

you haven't explained why we want to maximize teamwork and you haven't explained how the invis reduces teamwork. its an overall horrible argument. you might as well suggest that camping reduces teamwork :/ im still waiting for the gods to explain to me what "invis increases wolf times 100%" is supposed to mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:49 pm

Amir, the difference is between providing a valid argument and providing a valid opinion.

Shoop can spend six pages arguing that invis is bad, that it leads to little teamwork and dissolves a wolf team into mindless sniping failures. Then you'll come out at the end and say, "I'm winner!" We discourage that be asking the community at large on what they think; who they think won the argument. But you can stand in your strange box declaring you are indeed the winner, meanwhile we'll be removing invis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:59 pm

so why did you remove the stack then? its obvious that when shoop/drew first started campagning against the stack, the majority wanted the stacks. i dont think even they will claim anything else. the usual argument present by them is that overwhelming support for the stack removal came AFTER the stack-trial was made, and people got to test it.

so arguments were important before, but now its about majority decision?




besides, its clear that the decision to remove the invis was based on beer having a chat with shoop on east. he even stated that. but if you want majority decision, make an anonymous poll, and include europeans as well. and make ALL CHANGES based on majority vote then, not just when you get destroyed in a debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. ^^

The arguments warranted a trial. Majority opinion warranted a change.

And I didn't remove stack.



I implore you to create a valid anonymous polling methodology for Sheep Taggers. Shall we do number of ReVo games play in the last six months on the bot AfroJack and Dinno Dinners? We can use 654.457.32.73:88/pollinginc.php?q=68 for the polling location. The question shall be formed:
Quote :
How do you view the invisibility potion?
Positively
Negatively
With "Positivity" and "Negatively" being placed randomly, with a condition holding that one isn't overly placed first.

To make it fair, we'll make it so it publishes a paper receipt after you submit your answers, in which the user can verify the results, and then mail, by free postage, to Antarctica. From that we'll have a penguin make two copies of each receipt, a copy going to each of us. Alongside the copied receipts shall be a shark's tallying of the results. We then will count our own, and compare it to each other and the shark's.

Also, to vote, you need to use your UN-number and UN photo ID, to avoid voter fraud. You'll have to, of course, take a picture with a webcam or camera, holding up your ID, and a piece of paper saying, "I love anonymous polling! ♥♥"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:49 pm

you did remove the stack. trail/change is the same shit. its another rhetoric tactic used by shoop/drew to implement their suggestions, and you fall for it. do u really think it matters if u call the new version ''revolution 7.5.3.2.1.3.4.5.chakra.6.7'' or ''anti-stack trial''? you really are a crazy chicken :/

im not the one implying that majority vote is a good way to make decisions. this is in YOUR ballpark. you have to give us the methodology you used to reach the conclusion about the majority when you say retarded shit like this: ''We discourage that be asking the community at large on what they think; who they think won the argument.''.




stop spamming my threads please. im shooting down every post you make like im trying to win a teddybear at the amusementpark. POFF POFF PANG!!!!A PIGGIE FOR AMIRS 10 POINTS ON THE BULLSEYE! pig
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:43 pm

Quote :
you did remove the stack
Lie. Stack Farms were formally removed from the official version In 6.5.5. I started editing in 6.7.4.
Quote :
trail/change is the same shit. its another rhetoric tactic used by shoop/drew to implement their suggestions, and you fall for it. do u really think it matters if u call the new version ''revolution 7.5.3.2.1.3.4.5.chakra.6.7'' or ''anti-stack trial''? you really are a crazy chicken :/
The Stack Trial was made a full year after Gosu decided that they deserved it. Even then, Gosu, as well as I for that matter, were hugely against it. Then months later, even Magoo concluded the Stack Trial was much better.

During this time, there were three maps being constantly updated: ReVo, Stack Trial, and Battle. ReVo and Battle had more updates than Stack Trial. It was by no means the favored map by any measure.


It is up to Beer to decide what he thinks the majority is calling for, not I.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHIEFHERO[SKS]

avatar

Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 pm

my bad. ok, so gosu removed the stack. you think gosu did something wrong by not ''consulting with the community at large'' to find out who won the stack debate? or do you happen to think that the majority were against the stackfarm prior to the antistack-trial?

the point being made is that arguments were sufficient before, and you're suddently implying that we need a consensus today(while ridiculing the idea of gathering data in your next post, LOL!).

i have nothing more to add to the other stuff you wrote.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra



Posts : 357
Join date : 2012-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Quote :
you think gosu did something wrong by not ''consulting with the community at large'' to find out who won the stack debate?
Are you talking about his decisions to make the Stack Trial? Back in the past, people actually realized debates weren't flat out won. Instead, Gosu stated:
Quote :
On another note, I am fine with trying it out. What if we're all wrong? What if the game is 10x better without stack farms? I can create a map called Sheep Tag Revo Stack Trial 1.0 or something and we can give it a go.

Even then, from the moment he decided that, it took seven and a half months for it to happen, with him arguing against stack the entire time. The trial then went on for five months, again with Gosu still arguing against stack, before it became official.


Even then, we did not run a poll or gather any data to get the general feel for the change. Instead, it was evident that, even though the official map, with stacks, was being even more maintained than the trial, the trial had near-completely taken over on east and west, with Europe bickering over if it dominated or not (some said EVERYONE but Shoop hosted stack-map, some said EVERYONE but Sidey/CMK hosted stackless-map). However, truthfully, Europe wasn't taken into much consideration, both due to the impossibility to extract a real number, and because Gosu didn't play on Europe, thus had no direct feel for how it was going. Further, Europeans made little presence on the forums with only Shoop being very frequent. CMK logged on to say, "STACKS ARE AWESOME GOSU IS HITLER" and Sidey make random topics against it, though he rarely took part in the debate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates   

Back to top Go down
 
Top 5 worst arguments made in st debates
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Has castration made my dog aggressive?
» Made pesto yesterday
» My Second self made Crossbow
» Worst Garden in YEARS!
» I Made a Sock Bunny - U/D made 4 now, pic added!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The STC Forum :: Community Discussion-
Jump to: