The STC Forum

www.sheeptagforum.tk or http://sheeptag.forumphpbb.com/

HomeHome  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Can we assume anything?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Can we assume anything?    Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 am

Many modern Philosophers have raised the question; should we assume anything? and if it is even possible to assume in the first place!

Not only this but an overarching theme can be found; Why does shoop think I assume china has the second biggest economy?

Let's go even further and possibly digest and understand some of shoop's reasonings.

This is a thread reserved for the philosophical standpoint on SHOOP & ASSUMPTIONS.

No more do we have to worry about nazi shoop deleting a topic about him! He is the one who suggested the idea rofl! We have his express permission!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:34 am

China have the second biggest economy. Unless you count EU, which is the biggest.

But with your logic its also the second best, since you dont think its relevant how big a country is when you meassure how good their effort in an area is.

Quote :
USA has huge population and tons of medals. Get mad and try to find a ranking system that puts yourself higher when in REALITY none of that shit matters. At the end of the day it's who has the MOST medals and which COUNTRY is next to it rofl
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Are assumptions not just results from data? Mind you, some people may have a shit way of processing data and thus get bad assumptions, but that doesn't mean assumptions themselves are bad. Indeed, in the absence of proof, we assume.

Now, onto Shoop's shit way of processing data.

The original thread is about number of Olympic medals (we can null worth of gold/silver/gold) and population.
Cele argues that you "win" the Olympics by winning the most Olympic events.
Shoop "argues" that you have best economy by having most GDP.

I see a serious disconnect (probably Shoop's corpus callosum). If you add up all Olympic events, you get a game. If you add up all GDP, you do not get an economy.

To connect Shoop's GDP<->Economy example backward to the Olympics, it'd be like arguing that who wins the most swimming events wins the Olympics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:46 pm

Nope Chakra. Cele argued that USA was best beacause you took most medals.

I argue that the country with most medals/population and the country with highest GDP/population did best in the Olympics and have the best economy.

Also, can you please explain what you mean with "if you add up all GDP you dont get an economy"?

Do you even know what GDP is?

And btw your "emotional-distance-to-everything-trolling" that every second emo-teenager in USA seems to pull off to hide their stupidity and lack of social skills doesnt fool anyone Cele and Chakra. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Quote :
Cele argued that USA was best beacause you took most medals.
IE, they won.

Quote :
I argue that the country with most medals/population and the country with highest GDP/population did best in the Olympics and have the best economy.
That's cool, but this thread is about your faulty ability to make assumptions, not how to judge the winner of the Olympics.

Quote :
Also, can you please explain what you mean with "if you add up all GDP you dont get an economy"?
GDP != economy. Generally factors such as PPP, economic freedom, ability to expand, diversity of product, etc are considered part of the "economy." Not just the GDP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:33 am

GDP = basically total wellfare, simplified. Ofc there are tons of other factors but GDP per capita is the best tool we got to meassure economic wellfare. According to Celes logic about Olympics a higher total GDP would be better for a country than a higher GDP per capita.

This is more or less the disagreement.

If we talk about a countries performance in Olympics and use Olympic medals as a tool to meassure who is best at sports (similar to using GDP to meassure who has the best economy, even though there are huge flaws with both ways) obviously you have to take into consideration that China is bigger than USA and USA is bigger than Sweden.

This is 1+1, but as I understand it the education you got over there isnt exacly top notch so I dont know if you get it.

But anyway, if Luxemburg would take 50 % of Chinas medal Id say their performance is a hell of a lot more impressive and that Luxemburg in general is a hell of a lot better in sports than China. China just got shitloads of more citizens.

But you should be happy, 41st position or w.e it was isnt that bad considering how fat your population is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chakra

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:26 am

You seem to still not know that this thread is about your faulty ability to make assumptions, not how to judge the winner of the Olympics. I'll try and help you.

Original statement:
Quote :
At the end of the day it's who has the MOST medals
("It's" refers to the winner of the Olympics or the one who did best at the Olympics.)

Explain how you get from that, to this:
Quote :
According to Celes logic about Olympics a higher total GDP would be better for a country than a higher GDP per capita.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Yo shoop america is number one at olympics, dog. We got the most medals!

If your tiny couldn't-pass-community-college brain can't understand why I say that then maybe you should go back to highschool.

Continue on trying to compare my statement to some bizarre comparison who only YOU understands.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 pm

I understand why you say that, I disagree with your argument, you dont understand why and you are calling me stupid lol...

Cele seriously you have been the laughing stock of this community for years, why are you talking? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:40 pm

By shoop's logic a 1-man country who won a bronze medal would be the best country in the world. Some RETARD logic there lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:11 am

Actually you count gold medal firsts, so no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Celestial_One

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 am

By your own logic it doesn't matter whether it's gold, silver, or bronze. 100% of his country got an olympic medal aka 100% population was rewarded a medal, does it matter if it's gold? That's so much better than all the other countries when you compare it to POPULATION, which is what you were doing lol.

Just stop shoop you're embarassing yourself xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shoop

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:58 pm

Oh yeah my bad, I thought they counted by gold first but it seems they dont. Anyway, I dont really get your point?

Is this supposed to be a counterargument to what I have said or?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can we assume anything?    

Back to top Go down

Can we assume anything?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1